Welcome to InKing Royalty’s October Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “Monster Mash.” As you can guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with fun projects that are inspired by the spookiest night of the year – Halloween. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My card for you today has lots of layers but very little stamping. As you can see, I had great fun playing with the spooky papers from the Toils and Trouble Designer Series Paper Pack!
Here are the details.
- My card base is Gorgeous Grape topped by a panel of the same color stamped with the Marbled background stamp.
- I love the bat background for the shaker part of my card!
- If you look closely, you can see that I embossed my Window Sheet with the Swirls and Curls Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- The cauldron is fussy cut from the DSP and so is the banner.
- The sentiment is from the set Trick or Tweet.
- I finished my card off with a sparkly bow.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
Nina King at InkPaperSequins
Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
My card today is for my good friend, Donna whose birthday is tomorrow. I had a piece of paper left from my Share What You Love Designer Series Paper and I decided to use it today. It made the perfect banner for the Fab Friday 147 Sketch Challenge.
Here’s my card
Here’s the Fab Friday Banner that was my inspiration.
Donna will love the embossed card front and the pretty die cut that holds the sentiment. I hope you do too!
Today is an exciting day for me! It’s my 5th anniversary as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator! Stampin’ Up! treats their demos like family. The products are so easy to sell because they are of the highest quality- and the best part? I get to purchase them for myself at a discount!
Because of being a demonstrator, I have made wonderful friendships with people all over the world. I have the opportunity to see many of them at OnStage events.
But the best part of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator is sharing my love of paper crafting with others. I have grown in confidence as I share more and more.
Best decision EVER!
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s September Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “September Morn,” a Neil Diamond classic from the late ’70’s. As you can guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with projects that are inspired by the beauty of Autumn – September is when the air becomes crisp and the leaves start to fall. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Fall makes me think of the farm where I grew up in Iowa. Fall meant riding in the combine with my Dad. It also meant Mom’s cousins would come to pheasant hunt. If I was lucky, the guys would give my sister and I a pheasant feather each. I also liked looking for the beautiful birds when I played in the fields and pastures. Such freedom!
My card today uses two of my favorite stamp sets from the Holiday Catalog, Pleasant Pheasants and Country Home. My sentiments are from Country Home and the images are from Pleasant Pheasants. Here’s my card.
Here’s the scoop:
- I used the Gamboge and Yellow Brusho for my background.
- I embossed the pheasants with copper embossing powder.
- I stamped the inside and outside sentiments with Soft Suede. The pretty leaves on the inside were stamped in Cajun Craze.
- To add more shine to my card front, I tied a piece of the 1/4 in. Copper Trim around the top two layers. I love this trim so much! I’ve gone through 2 rolls of it so far!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Enjoy the Hop!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
Some very dear friends lost a family member recently. They are down-to-earth folks so I thought they might like a card made from the Country Lane Suite. This beautiful suite is in the new Holiday Catalog which goes live September 5th!
Here’s my card:
Tips and Tricks:
- My card base is Early Espresso with the fold at the top.
- I love the pretty Mint Macaron DSP, don’t you?
- I stamped my pitcher and flowers in Memento Ink on Whisper White Cardstock because I used the Stampin’ Blends to add some color.
- The pitcher is colored in Light Smokey Slate. The leaves are colored with Dark Mint Macaron. The mushroomy things are colored in Dark Petal Pink. (If you know what those are, please let me know!) The berries are colored in Dark Shaded Spruce.
- I added a Shimmery Shaded Spruce bow to finish it off.
Have fun shopping from the new catalog! If you do not have a demonstrator, I would love to be yours!
I’ve had so much fun playing with the Serene Garden Bundle! I used this gorgeous bundle to play along with the Just Add Ink #411 Challenge. Here’s my card:
And here is the challenge banner:
Here’s the scoop:
- My card base is made from Tranquil Tide Cardstock
- The DSP is from the Share What You Love Designer Series Paper
- The Serene Garden Bundle is on Page 166 of the Annual Catalog.
- I used the dove and the leaf stamps from the set. I stamped the leaf 4 times. I then die cut them and adhered them to a piece of Tranquil Tide Cardstock. One leaf stamp turned into a pretty flower!
- The sentiment and frame are from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set.
- I added a rhinestone to the center of the flower and gave the dove a touch of Clear Wink of Stella for some shine.
I love this card so much! I’m going to try it with different color combos. I hope you like it too!
Want more? Sign up for my monthly newsletter that features, projects and a free tutorial!