Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! Can you believe it’s already time for schools to start back up?! The return to school after summer vacation is a really big deal for students, teachers, school workers and the parents who are left home alone. To honor this big event, we have created projects with a back to school theme. We are excited to share our creations and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I retired from teaching in June after 31 years. While I’m happily settling into the easy life, I have many friends who are rushing to get rooms ready for the first big day. My project today is a card that pays tribute to all those dedicated public servants who feel like summer is just getting started, not over.
Here’s the card front:
And here’s the inside:
Here’s the recipe:
Nothing’s Better Than Stamp Set
Love You More Than Dies
Inspired Thought Stamp Set
Love You More Than Dies
Dot and Spot Die
Word Bubble Framelets (Very retired)
Coastal Cabana Ink Pad
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Bermuda Bay- Card base and 3 1/2 x 5 in.
Coastal Cabana – 4 x 5 1/4 in. and 3 3/4 in. x 5 1/4 in.
Basic White – 3 3/4 in. x 5 in. and scraps for speech bubbles.
Classic Matte Dots
Tombow Mono Liquid Glue
1. Die cut the largest piece of Coastal Cabana Cardstock with the Dot and Spot Die. (Those dots and spots are so fun!) Adhere to the card base front.
2. Die cut 15 of the coffee cups out of the remaining piece of Coastal Cabana.
3. Adhere the coffee cups onto the remaining Bermuda Bay piece.
4. Stamp the coffee cup that is 4th down in the 3rd column with the coffee cup in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
5. Stamp the sentiments onto the white shapes. If you don’t have speech bubbles, any shape will do.
6. Adhere the shapes to the card front as shown in the picture.
7. Add the Classic Matte Dots.
8. Pop the finished panel onto the base with Dimensionals.
1. 2-Step stamp the coffee cup using Memento and Coastal Cabana Ink on the remaining Basic White Cardstock.
2. Arrange and stamp the sentiments around the cup.
3. Adhere the panel to the inside of the card base.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Brian King at Stamp With Brian. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Enjoy your back-to-school traditions!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Jessica Atchison at Stampin with the Atchisons
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin