Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around VACATION. While many are reminiscing about their summer vacations, others are looking forward to the long weekend just around the corner. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I live on the East Coast. A good part of my vacation is spent with my Dad in Iowa. I grew up there and love to catch up on the news while I’m there. My dad raises mules and has a special sign to welcome visitors.
The Let It Ride Stamp Set reminds me of this sign and the fun times to come! Here’s the card I made with the set.
Here’s the details:
- The card base is made from Whisper White Thick Cardstock.
- The next layer is Early Espresso embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- The background rectangle is Copper Foil embossed with the new Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder. I sanded it a bit because I thought it overpowered the stamped image.
- The image from Let It Ride is stamped with a Rich Cocoa Memento Pad. I then colored the image using Old Olive and Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends.
- The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Greetings Stamp Set. I stamped it in VersaMark and them embossed it with Copper Embossing Powder.
- The 3 copper brads finish off my card and are also sanded to remove a bit of the shine.
Dad’s birthday is September 2 so this card will be on the way to him soon!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Brian King at Stamp With Brian. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Happy Hopping! Robin
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin