Welcome to InKing Royalty’s October Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around SPOOKY. With Halloween just around the corner, we are excited to share our spooky, fun projects with our neighbors, coworkers and family – and we’re excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My card for today is a rare one for me. It uses no stamping! Instead, I used dies, an embossing folder and Designer Series Paper (DSP) to create my card front. Take a look:
Aren’t those spooky figures cute peeking through their windows? Here’s the details:
- My card base is Basic Black with a Smoky Slate panel.
- The Smoky Slate piece is embossed with the Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder.
- The windows are cut using the Layering Squares Dies. The black frames are cut from the same dies only larger.
- I snipped the characters from a sheet of DSP from the Monster Bash Designer Series Paper pack. I then glued them to the back of my gray panel.
- The sentiment is cut using the Hand-lettered Prose Dies.
- 3 Clear Epoxy Droplets add a little shine.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Kelly Kent at https://mypapercraftjourney.com/.
Happy hopping! Robin
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Kelly Kent at My Papercraft Journey
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
I love how you’ve used the DSP. What a cute card!
Thanks so much Sheryl!
Such a cutie! I’m always amazed by a card that doesn’t need ink and stamps – yet we have so many other tools to play with. This is adorable! ♥
Thanks Brian! I didn’t mean for it to be unstamped but that’s the way the journey took me.
This is really cute with your spooky figures in “windows”. The epoxy droplets really add the final flare. Cute, cute!
Such a fun card – and no stamping, how cool is that!!! Kelly x
Thanks Kelly! It didn’t start out without ink, but that’s the way the journey took me.
This is so cute Robin, I love how you did the boo.
Thanks so much Robbye!
Love the window effect.
I love the scalloped squares for the windows. These little guys are so cute and the background pattern is perfect for this card.
Thanks Sue! I’m glad you liked it!
Such a cute card; the letters are adorable!