Welcome to InKing Royalty’s May Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Sunshine, so prepare yourself for projects that are filled with sunny images of joy in the great outdoors. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My card today features an old technique with a new bundle. The technique is the Sunburst Technique and the bundle is the NEW Birds and Branches Bundle found on page 120 in the new Annual Catalog.
Here’s my card:
Isn’t that bird and nest sweet? And, did you notice there are two new In-Colors on my card as well? Of course you did! This bundle features two-step stamping images, branches and adorable little eggs. The dies have a pretty circle cut-out perfect for layering as well as the edge die I used today.
Here are the details:
Paper measurements- Thick Whisper White Cardstock for your base, Pacific Point measuring 41/8 X 5 3/8 in., Whisper White measuring 2 1/2 X 5 1/4 in., Just Jade measuring 3/4 in. X 5 1/4 in. , BumbleBee In-Color Designer Series Paper Assortment that measures 1 3/8 X 4 and extra Whisper White for Stamping you images.
- Using 2 sheets from the DSP pack, cut 2 pieces that measure 1 3/8 X 4 in. from each sheet. Next, place them in your paper trimmer and cut on the diagonal from corner to corner.
- Gently fold Whisper White Cardstock in half to find the center. Start adhering your DSP on either side of the crease. Continue until all the pieces are glued down. (These will hang over your cardstock.) Next trim around the outside of the piece with scissors or your trimmer. Tah-Dah! You now have a sunburst!
- Adhere the finished sunburst to the Pacific Point Cardstock.
- Die cut the Just Jade piece and adhere. (This die is designed to form a decorative edge for the bottom of a card. I cut the piece and left an edge on it so I could glue it down.)
- Stamp and die cut the bird and next images and adhere.
- The Hello Sunshine sentiment is from the Under My Umbrella Stamp Set. I’m so glad this set was carried over! Stamp the sentiment with VersaMark and emboss using White Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool.
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations