Welcome to InKing Royalty’s September Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “September Morn,” a Neil Diamond classic from the late ’70’s. As you can guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with projects that are inspired by the beauty of Autumn – September is when the air becomes crisp and the leaves start to fall. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Fall makes me think of the farm where I grew up in Iowa. Fall meant riding in the combine with my Dad. It also meant Mom’s cousins would come to pheasant hunt. If I was lucky, the guys would give my sister and I a pheasant feather each. I also liked looking for the beautiful birds when I played in the fields and pastures. Such freedom!
My card today uses two of my favorite stamp sets from the Holiday Catalog, Pleasant Pheasants and Country Home. My sentiments are from Country Home and the images are from Pleasant Pheasants. Here’s my card.
- I used the Gamboge and Yellow Brusho for my background.
- I embossed the pheasants with copper embossing powder.
- I stamped the inside and outside sentiments with Soft Suede. The pretty leaves on the inside were stamped in Cajun Craze.
- To add more shine to my card front, I tied a piece of the 1/4 in. Copper Trim around the top two layers. I love this trim so much! I’ve gone through 2 rolls of it so far!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping