I’ve been trying to finish this post for a few days now. Between getting my room ready for the start of a new school year and being out of town to celebrate our anniversary, time kept slipping away. Anyway, here it is. I hope you think it was worth waiting for!
My card uses Shake and Celebrate, a new set from the Holiday Catalog along with its coordinating Shaker Shapes Framelets. This is a great set. The framelets and stamps make a Christmas bell, Christmas tree, and this cute cake. You can order this set on September 1st.
- I used the embossing folder Confetti to emboss the pretty background.
- I used Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sugarplum to sponge the color onto the embossing.
- The cake was die cut using the framelets. I also cut out the cake stand and tiny flowers.
- For the shaker, I dyed some silica beads with my Flirty Flamingo reinker along with a bit of alcohol.
- I stamped the sentiment and adhered it over the middle window.
- The panel is adhered to a cute polka dottted piece of DSP from the Affectionately Your Specialty DSP Paper Pack.