My dad’s birthday is September 1st and I need to get his card popped into the mail. I decided to use Freshly Made Sketch 250 as my inspiration today.
Here’s my card:
- I used Delightful Dijon as my base.
- I pulled a beautiful piece of DSP from the Serene Scenery DSP Stack. It reminded me of pasture ground on the farm where I grew up.
- The stamp set I used is called Horse Frontier and is retired. I usually refrain from retired product, but I’ve kept this one because it works for “Dad” cards so well.
- I stamped the horse on Very Vanilla and embossed it in Soft Suede. I do this by inking the stamp with VersaMark first and then right into the Soft Suede ink. It does not hurt your ink pad at all! I learned this from Sam Hammond. One of my top 10 best tricks EVER!
- After embossing the horse I used colored pencils to shade in the image.
- I mounted the image on a Delightful Dijon oval with Dimensionals.