I was just sitting down at my work table to create my card for the Global Design Project Challenge when the most wonderful sound reached my ears. It was my awesome UPS man delivering my new goodies from Stampin’ Up! I ran down the stairs tripping over the dog in the process, snagged my beloved box and hightailed it back to my studio to tear into it!
My card idea remained the same but the color palette changed into three of the new yummy In-Colors! Here’s my card:
- I started with a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 5 1/4 by 4. I cut another piece of white cardstock slightly bigger and cut an oval out of the center using an Oval Framelet. I put the die cut oval in my scrap pile and kept the rest for a mask.
- I arranged the mask over the smaller piece of cardstock making sure the oval was centered. I then taped the pieces to my desk.
- I started sponging Peekaboo Peach through the middle of the oval with a dauber. I repeated the process with Flirty Flamingo. I then sponged Sweet Sugarplum on both ends of the oval. I blended as I went.
- I removed the mask and sponged the stars using an acetate mask that I cut with punches and die cuts. To sponge, I used a dauber and White Craft Ink.
- After the piece dried, I stamped the sentiment from the retiring Bravo stamp set in VersaMark. I then embossed it with white embossing powder. For some bling, I added a few gold stars.
- To finish my card I mounted it on a 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock. I then mounted that piece on my Peekaboo Peach card base.