Welcome to InKing Royalty’s October Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects center around Harvest & Hope, so prepare yourself for gratitude and love in Fall-themed projects. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My card today showcases the Gorgeous Leaves stamp set. I used bleach to stamp the pretty leaves onto the cardstock. Here is my card:
Misty Moonlight Cardstock,
Cork Specialty Paper
Gorgeous Leaves Stamp Set
Early Espresso Ink Pad
Water Painter and bleach
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Tasteful Textured 3D Embossing Folder
1. Stamp the leaves onto the cardstock using the Water Painter filled with bleach. I “painted” the bleach onto the stamp until it was very wet but not dripping. Stamp with firm pressure and hold the stamp in place for about 20 seconds. Do this with all the leaf stamps.
2. Splatter some of the bleach onto the paper by tapping on the barrel of the Water Painter.
3. Emboss the stamped and splattered panel with the Tasteful Texture 3D Embossing Folder.
4. Stamp the sentiment on the Very Vanilla piece in Early Espresso Ink. Adhere to the panel using Dimensionals.
5. Add 3 Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots for sparkle.
6. Adhere the finished panel to the cork layer and then add that panel to the cardstock. (In case you were wondering, I adhered them on slanted angles on purpose. It could be because I was up very late making the card!)
I really enjoyed experimenting with different colors of cardstock. Each color faded differently. I hope you give this technique a try!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Marilyn Jones at Stamp With MJ. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink