Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature leaves and trees, so you are likely to find lots of inspiration for Autumn. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My card for today features the Beauty of the Earth Suite on page 10, and the Gold Leafing on Page 143 of the Annual Catalog . The card features a Tent Fold. I learned this fold from Lisa Curcio. Here’s the link to her tutorial https://youtu.be/VL3EHNSYHag
Here’s my version:
Here’s the details:
- The card base is Merry Merlot with a window cut from the front. A window sheet is adhered behind the window.
- The Designer Series Paper has added flecks of Gilded Leafing. I first added dots of glue using a glue pen. Next I dipped the DSP into the Gilded Leafing. I used a stipple brush to remove the excess. It’s really fun to use but a bit messy. Those little gold flakes want to go everywhere!
- Adhere the DSP to the inside panel.
- I stamped the tree branch with Soft Suede ink. I 2-step stamped the foliage using Merry Merlot and Night of Navy inks, stamping off once when I stamped the Navy.
- I used my glue pen again to add glue to foliage part of the tree. I then repeated the Gilded Leafing process. So pretty!
- I die cut the tree trunk and foliage. I adhered the 2 tree pieces together and added them to the front of the card.
- I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy and added it to the card front. What is usually the inside of the card is on the back of this one. Here’s what it looks like.
- I repeated the tree stamping process on this tree but used the smaller foliage pieces included in the stamp set.
- The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy. It’s from the Through It Together stamp set found on page 72 of the Annual Catalog.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Lisa Graham at Lisa’s Little Ink Spots
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy